Housekeeping & Measure EGSE/SCOE
USED TO SIMULATE OR ACQUIRE CONDITIONS DATA OF THE SATELLITE OR PAYLOAD. DATA ARE ACQUIRED USING THE SPACECRAFT INTERFACES (1553, RS422, RS485, SPACEWIRE etc). SIMULATION OF HEATERS, THERMISTORS AND OTHER FUNCTIONS ARE ALSO PROVIDED.
What it's for
Housekeeping & Measure EGSE/SCOE provides:
- Simulation of Thermistors;
- Simulation of ASM (Analog Signal Monitor), BDM (Bi-level discrete monitor) and BSM (Bi-level switch monitor) signals;
- Monitoring of HV-HPC (High voltage high power command), PPSI (Pulse per second interface) and BSM (Bi-level switch monitor) signals;
- Monitoring of current and voltage test point signals of the simulated loads.
The PSS SCOE also provides the simulation and measurement of the following signals:
- HV-HPC I/F. It is possible to check the validity of input pulses (validity is defined as pulse longer than 15ms and with level greater than 22V). If valid, PSS SCOE counts it and reportes the result into its telemetry. The pulses are replicated and available on the PSS SCOE oscilloscope.
- BDM SRC: A DAC (14-bit resolution) with output range 0-5V simulates this I/F type; status High/Low is available in the PSS SCOE telemetry. he bi‐level discrete monitor (BDM) interfaces are used for reasonably static, discrete status and telemetry monitoring by the core element. The monitored signal is bi‐level discrete in that it can take only two values,
- high or low, indicated by the signal voltage.
- BSM RCV: Bi-level switch monitor interface receiver is simulated by an optocoupler used as current generator.The status is available in the PSS SCOE telemetry.
- BSM SRC: Isolated electronics (circuit with 32 channels open/ground relays) simulates this I/F type, and the status is available in the PSS SCOE telemetry.
- ASM SRC: A DAC (14-bit resolution) with analog output range 0-5V simulates this I/F type and the output voltage level is available in the PSS SCOE telemetry. The analogue signal interfaces are used for direct connection to a device which produces a continuous variable analogue voltage to indicate the value of the parameter being measured. The analogue signal monitor (ASM) interface is based on differential receiver circuit where both the high and low analogue signal lines are floating with respect to the receiver signal ground.
- PPSI is compatible with RS422 standard I/F with AC termination. For this board, 6 channels PPSI are received as simulation of CAMSYM unit and they are compatible with RS422 standard I/F. PPSI circuit signals are available on BNCs isolated connectors on PSS SCOE panel in order to be monitored through oscilloscope. The differential input signals are processed by a differential line receiver designed to meet the RS-422 standard for digital data transmission.
Transzorbs are used to protect the circuit from voltage spikes induced on connected wires, suppressing all the overvoltages above their breakdown voltage. The differential line receiver enabling pins are always set to the ON state.
- 1 Oscilloscope Tektronix MDO3024
- 1 Multifunction DMM
- TCS drawer (TCS thermistor Simulator)
- 16 DAC board 16-channel 14bit
- 8 adapter board 32 channel current generator (0 – 45uA with resolution higher than 500nA)
- 1 microcontroller
- H/K drawer (Housekeeping Signals items)
- 1 PSU Atom board to generate power supplies at backplane
- 1 CPU Carrier SBRIO 3U
- 2 DAC board 12 channels 14bit for ASM-SRC SIGNAL GENERATION and for BDM-SRC SIGNAL GENERATION
- 2 DAC board with 12-channel (14bit resolution) will generate voltage from 0 to 5 Volt and from 0 to 3.3 V (for ASM simulating BDM 3.3V)
- 1 board 32 channel BSM-SRC SIGNAL
- 1 board with 32-channel single pole single touch relay
- 1 board for BSM-RCV SIGNAL
- 1 board with optocoupler input and Pull-up to 12V and 1Kohm resistor. This board is shared with HV-HPC RCV board
- 4 Board HV-HPC RCV input
- 1 board with 32 channels for HV-HPC circuit (180ohm load, protection fuses and Zener diode) and 1 board for HV-HPC signals and BSM-RCV signals
- 2 board each one with 32 channels circuitry with optocoupler linked to a digital board for pulse acquisition and replicate (0-5V) to a BNC connector for connection vs oscilloscope
- 1 Board with 6 channels PPSI pulse per second input (on RS422 standard)
- HK connector system interface
- PDU AC Main Power Distributor